Holistic Life Coaching
Deepen your self-awareness, self-compassion, and self-trust through holistic life coaching.
The most important relationship we will ever have is our relationship with ourselves.
Holistic life coaching is for those who desire to understand themselves more deeply and live in alignment with their truth.
What is the Difference Between Therapy and Coaching?
Holistic life coaching is intended for those who are generally high-functioning in their day-to-day lives and who do not currently meet the diagnostic criteria for a mental health disorder as defined by the DSM (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual).
Another way of saying this is: therapy is a higher level of care than coaching. Coaching does not include clinical treatment of mental health disorders, whereas therapy can, if need be.
Therapy is only available to people who live in Kansas, whereas holistic life coaching is available to people anywhere. If you are interested in working with me but do not live in the state of Kansas, this might be a good fit for you.
How Are They Similar?
The way I approach holistic life coaching and therapy are similar.
- Both coaching and therapy are based on the relationship that we build together, and therefore I require both my coaching and therapy clients to attend sessions weekly.
- As both a therapist and coach my goal is to get you back in touch with your inner knowing and to strengthen your relationship with yourself.
- Both therapy and coaching focus on deepening self-understanding so that you can live your life consciously and intentionally.
- In both therapy and coaching you choose three primary goals to work on together. These goals vary widely from person to person.
- Both therapy and coaching involve emotional processing and integration of past experiences.
- The difference between therapy and coaching, as mentioned above, is the scope of practice. In therapy I am able to work clinically: to diagnose and treat mental disorders; in coaching, I am not.
If you are interested in hearing more about the differences between coaching and therapy, schedule a free consultation and I'd love to answer your questions!
What to Expect