Online Therapy and Counseling for Adults in Kansas and Florida
Who I Work With
I work with people who are curious and have a desire to know themselves on a deep level. They want to understand where they've come from and how it's impacted and shaped who they are today.
My clients naturally tend to look for meaning and significance in their lives and intuitively sense that adversity and suffering can be opportunities for transformation and growth.
They have a deep desire to learn how to show up for themselves with the kind of empathy and compassion they so easily offer to others. They've spent most of their lives orbiting other people and are ready to come back to their own center and start putting themselves first.
What I Help You Do
What Makes Me Different?
I combine evidence-based Western treatment modalities with Eastern wisdom traditions, Buddhist Psychology, and other "non-traditional" methods of healing, including mindfulness-based, body-based, experiential, and spiritual approaches.
I believe that there is a brilliant sanity in all "dysfunction." I won't judge you or what you've been through. It's all important and it's all a part of your unique journey.
How Does it Work?
- Schedule a free 15-minute phone consultation. During this consultation I will answer any questions you have and tell you about what's like to work with me. If we decide we're a good fit, we'll schedule weekly time for us to meet.
- You will receive a Welcome email in your inbox from my HIPPA compliant client portal with instructions for how to create a username and password and fill out the intake paperwork.
- While filling out the required paperwork, you will be asked to input a form of payment, which will be charged automatically the day of your session.
- I will send you a Zoom link (I use a HIPPA compliant version) the day before, or the morning of, your first appointment. We will use the same link every time we meet, so be sure to keep it somewhere handy. You will need to create a Zoom account and/or downloaded the Zoom app on whatever device you will be using for our sessions.
All therapy sessions are 50 minutes.
Benefits of Online Counseling...
1.) You don't have to leave home.
2.) You can wear pajamas, or whatever you want.
3.) Your pet(s) can join you.
4.) No getting in the car and driving anywhere.
5.) Some people find online therapy less simulating to their nervous system (i.e. less stressful) than in-person sessions.
6.) Gives your more options if you live in a rural area where finding a local therapist is difficult.
Begin Online Counseling in Kansas
Committing to online therapy, or a new therapist in general, can feel overwhelming. But if you're ready to take the next step, I'm here to help. Whether you live in the Lawrence area or another part of Kansas, I'm committed to helping you on this journey.
I want to help you reduce the stress of finding an online therapist and make the process of beginning online therapy as easy as possible. To start your online therapy, follow these simple steps:
- Contact me to schedule your free 15 minute phone consultation.
- Start receiving that care you need from the comfort of your home.